WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Thankful for the Blood of the Lamb!

Week 6, Day 1 Reading: Exodus 12:1-30

Exodus 12:12-13   For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the LORD. The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt.

Consider the words above, "When I see the blood, I will pass over you." The blood referenced here is the blood of an unblemished lamb which the Israelites were instructed to kill. They were then to smear that blood on the door posts of their houses. When the Lord was exercising judgment that night ... whenever he came to a home that had the blood of the lamb on the door posts, he promised to "pass over" that particular house. So the firstborn within was saved by the blood of the lamb.

What a beautiful picture of the blood of another lamb ... this one the Lamb of God (John 1:29). The sinless Son of God who shed his blood so that God would also "pass over" us when it comes time for judgment (1 Peter 1:18-20; Revelation 7:14). He will do so because the blood of his Son has washed away the guilt of our sins. Praise God for the sacrifice of the Lamb!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment