WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Improved Vision

Week 16, Day 2 Reading: Mark 16:1-20

Mark 16:8   “Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid…”

Sometimes when I study the Bible, I close my eyes and imagine myself “in the scene” taking part in the events of the passage I am reading. This practice brings the Scripture to life and it helps the words penetrate my often-hurried heart.  When I come to a passage like this one in Mark, it gets exciting – can you imagine being a witness to the Resurrection?


Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome came to the tomb, saw that it was empty, and talked with an angel who announced, “He has Risen. He is not here!”

 The next day, Jesus himself appeared to Mary Magdalene and, later, to two other followers. All three witnesses ran back to the disciples and breathlessly reported what they had seen. They were amazed! They jumped to their feet and the whole group began singing and praising God! Well…not exactly. The Bible records their response in two short indictments.

 “They were afraid” (vs. 8)
“They did not believe.” (vss. 11, 13)

Ouch! This is where I’d like to take myself out of the scene, but I can’t. Too often, I’m the skeptic. I’m the one who stays silent with fear or disbelief, even when God has kept His promises, answered my prayers, or demonstrated His power in a miraculous way! Lord, improve my vision. Fill me with faith and belief so I can overflow with the story of your greatness to others. 

Written by guest blogger, Holly Wismer 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj




No comments:

Post a Comment