WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Abundant Life!


Week 10, Day 4 Reading: John 10:1-18

John 10:10-11  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

When Jesus talks about offering to us abundant life, he is not talking about big houses, classy cars, fat bank accounts, good health and just plain "living the good life!" Rather he is talking about living a life of fulfillment and meaning. A life that brings joy and purpose as we live out that life under the favor of God our Creator AND in fellowship with him and his people.

David got it right when he wrote the following words, "The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot; The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:5-6, 11). As we pursue Jesus Christ, we will experience this abundant life promised to us by our Good Shepherd! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment