WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Blind but Now I See!

Week 12, Day 1 Reading: John 9:1-41

John 9:24-25
   So for the second time they called the man who had been blind and said to him, “Give glory to God. We know that this man is a sinner.” He answered, “Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.” 

I just love this response of the former blind man to the Jewish leaders who were questioning him. In effect he says, "Look. I don't know who this man is. But I do know this. Yesterday I was as blind as a bat. Today, I can see!" 

All of us can relate to what this man experienced (I am speaking spiritually, of course). We all at one time were blind (2 Corinthians 4:4). Blind to the truth. Blind to our fate. Blind to the reality of God. But, because of God's great love for us, he touched us with his grace. When he did so ... the blind "eyes" of our soul were healed ... and we could see! 

The once slave trader turned pastor, John Newton understood this and cherished this truth until the day he died. His sense of gratitude can be summed up well in these words he penned that we now know as the lyrics to the wonderful hymn, Amazing Grace: 


Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me. 
I once was lost, but now am found. 
Was blind but now I see!

Praise God for His AMAZING grace! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj 

No comments:

Post a Comment