WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Friday, March 29, 2013

No Need to Fear Death!

Week 16, Day 5 Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:1-58

1 Corinthians 15:55-57
   When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your victory? O Death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


“But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead…!” (1 Cor. 15:20a)  And because Jesus rose from the dead, we can enjoy that same victory over death!  For the Christian, death is not an enemy to be feared.  It is the door to the abundant, wonderful, perfect life we were created to enjoy.  Life everlasting with our God and Savior!!  No more night, no more sorrow, no more sickness, no more pain, and no more tears!  No more conflicts, no more troubles, no more wars, no more heart aches – and no more stink bugs!  (We’re having an issue with them in my kindergarten classroom.)  As a recipient of God’s amazing grace and salvation, I am so very thankful for this assurance and hope. 

I am grateful that the Lord taught me at an early age, that death is nothing to fear.  This truth became real to me when as a 17 year old – just graduated from high school and ready to head off for college – I had the privilege of standing next to my grandmother’s bedside as she took her last labored breath in her battle with cancer.  In a moment, her body was quiet and peaceful, and I knew that while her body was lifeless, she was alive in Heaven.  Thankfully, in her last months on earth, she made a profession of faith in Jesus.   In that knowledge, the horror of death was gone for me.  Then just a few years ago, I was able to be by my Mom’s side as she breathed her last breath.  I like to think of it as – she went from holding my hand to holding the hand of Jesus.  Again, I was reminded that there is no fear in death.

Because Jesus lives, we too can live.  We can enjoy this life as we walk in His presence and experience his blessings.  But better still – we can look forward to life everlasting with Him.  Because Jesus is risen indeed, the best is yet to come!

“No eye has see, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”    1 Corinthians 2:9



Written by guest blogger, Patty Deiter. 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment