WELCOME!

Welcome to
The Essential Jesus
blog. I will be posting things of interest along the way as TOGETHER we journey through the life of Christ! All in hopes of sharpening our focus on Jesus so that we might run with endurance the race set before us (Hebrews 12:1-3)!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Jesus Sees It All



Week 17, Day 3 Reading: Revelation 2:12-29

Did you notice how Jesus both corrects and commends the Pergamum and Thyatira churches?  That means He notices not only the bad things we do but the good things as well.
 
I mention this because when I think about God noticing me it’s usually in the context of my failures and disobedience.  But these Scriptures reveal He is also paying attention to my successes and obedience, and offering me some pretty great rewards for them to boot!

Now that’s something to shout about!   Our God is so wonderfully good He not only disciplines us when we fail but turns those failures around and blesses us through them. 

Today, let us praise the Lord our God for Who He is and all He does on our behalf:  “Love the Lord, all his saints!  The Lord preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full.  Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.”  (Psalm 31:23-24.)  


Written by guest blogger, Edie Landis. 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment